Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Time Switch in 2010

I found the Time Switch right across the street. I wonder how long I must have walked right past it without seeing it, since I am almost always looking around me.

An atheist from childhood, you would think that I would value time; but I doubt my understanding of it. Thus far I have been far more interested in the sweep of history and the different paths that objects and ideas take through time, than I have been in its mechanical movement forward. I rarely had the time on my person until I got my first cell phone in '03. People who could tell themselves to wake up at a certain hour and do so amazed me, as I appear to have no capacity to do that at all.

Now in my early 30s, time (unsurprisingly) seems to be moving much faster. Life is a short, sweet thing. If I want to accomplish anything in life, I see that I am going to need far more control over time. I hope to use the Time Switch to help me get it, but the box is currently locked. I know this because it is 1:25 am on December 4th, 2010 and I had been meaning to write this for the New Year.

I am not certain how to get into the Time Switch box, or what I might find inside it, but I am determined that I will. My first course of action is to gather information. I need to measure my time. This post = 1 hour 34 minuets.